There are negative aspects of conflict in the workplace, the most significant facts are the following:
45% of employees experience distress while 34% of employees are distracted from business objectives
Here are 5 practical steps to attain effective conflict resolution:
1. Identify the source of the conflict and its implications for all parties involved.
2. Accept that conflict is real and inevitable and that it may be an opportunity to learn, grow, and change if we recognize the opportunities it presents.
3. Practice active listening to de-escalate the situation. Gain vital knowledge that can help you create stability by intentionally listening.
4. Intervene intelligently without judging, appreciating, and validating the counterpart’s position.
5. Provide possibilities for resolution with an intervention that emphasizes win-win outcomes for all the parties involved.
FURTHER REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR