When was the last time you paused to observe what was your stance in the face of conflict resolution?
We SHIFT our conflict resolution stance between:
- Responsible: we have the tacit/explicit authority and are indeed responsible for the conflict resolution
- Co-responsible: we consent to share the resolution with the other people involved in the conflict
- Collaborator: we consent to help in the solution but the responsibility lies on someone else
- Observer: our role is only to be an onlooker of the conflict
DEPENDING on the:
- Tacit/explicit responsibility
- Level of co-dependency/emotional attachment to the subject
But which stance shall we observe?
As the list shows we must SHIFT from a responsible to a co-responsible to a collaborator to an observer stance.
Any movement in the opposite direction will be experienced as a mental and emotional overload and as a controlling attitude.
FURTHER REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT PERMISSION